Bleeding a Tick Master Properly - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bleeding a Tick Master Properly

Old 05-17-2015, 05:09 PM   #41
Teching In

Im having some issues with my tick master. The first 3/4 inch of pedal is completely dead. nothing there. i have had to bring my clutch pedal an inch or so above the brake pedal because i was having disengagement issues. It also feels like after long drives the engagement point gets closer and closer to the fire wall. Or maybe im just going crazy.

My friend has the exact same setup as me ( master, slave, clutch, etc.) and i got to sit in it and try it this weekend. its rock hard, a nice short throw and there is no play at all. Mine feels like **** compared to his but if i didnt have his to compare with i would say mine doesn't feel bad at all.

Will this method help me? is there air in my system or is it something more serious?
ChevyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:56 AM   #42
TECH Fanatic

it sounds like tell tale air man. Especially after things get warm. air in the system means it will hold heat and boil more easily. use this method. it WORKS.
thirdgenbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:03 PM   #43
Teching In

well i gave this a go for about 2 hours today but seen no improvement. it seemed i was only making things worse. So i decided to pull the master out and inspect it. it sounded like it was letting in air somewhere and sure enough it was. About 700miles on it so im just assuming i got a dud one, no biggy. I set it on the bench and started pumping it and could see and hear tiny little air bubbles forming in the masters little cup thing.
ChevyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:06 AM   #44
Teching In

So I am not sure if this is related but I have looked and looked. I have bled numerous times and even had some of the local gurus come around and tinker. Used the Mityvac method and bled as such. All the bleeding I have done still leaves me still getting a very partial engagement on the clutch. For example going into first gear it grabs the clutch ever so slightly and tries to roll the car. Would that be the total distance of the slave as an issue like a shim? or would that be the slave not being pushed far enough? Would air cause the slave not to press hard or far enough?
BlackNHRA is offline   Reply With Quote