Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

MgW on the way

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MgW on the way

Well I finished a new clutch and master install a few weeks ago and have the mod bug. Been reading about shifters because I have a stock one now and don't like how long the throws are. I had a hurst short throw in my 02 and loved it. Damn the Internet I meandered over to mgws site and bought the shifter. Lookin forward to gettin it and will post up when it's installed. I've read mostly positive reviews so what you guys think?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got an MGW...quality piece. stiff at first but once its worked in the shifts are crisp and positive. In 1st with MGW will seem like 3rd in the stock setup, will seem odd at first...Throws are def shorter, some say half but i would say 25-30% shorter...

My only issue is the shift stick...it is too short making it far away from the wheel so i bought an 3" extension. I'll take longer throws and less hand travel to and from the wheel.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a new MGW today in my car. They've modified the shifter shaft to be a cut to fit setup now. No more short handle worries.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its a nice unit, you'll like it. It is tight when you first get it though. The self centering is nice, 2-3 shift is thoughtless now.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Got it installed tonight and took her on a short drive. All I can say is wow! Such a difference from my stock shifter. Very solid piece as well and hey, made in USA. Even better than my old stock hurst short throw I had in my 02. If anyone is on the fence, this thing has greatly improved my driving experience. Can't wait to get on the road tomorrow.

Quick Reply: MgW on the way