Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

misery with messed up tranny, need bushing and NOT THE ONE EVERYONE SAYS

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default misery with messed up tranny, need bushing and NOT THE ONE EVERYONE SAYS

I recently aquired a 99 Z28 for cheap and its a six speed, yay, problem is the tranny needs BIG TIME HELP. im starting step by step trying to get the damn thing fixed and i notice a good 1 to 2 inches of pedal travel without moving the mc pushrod, in other words, the bushing that is pressed into the end of the mc rod that slides onto the pin on the clutch pedal is very worn.

NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT PART NUMBER THE BUSHING IS. basically it is the little bushing that slides onto the end of the clutch pedal where the master rod connects...someone please gimme a hint on how to find this bushing so i can take the play out of the pedal. (pedal pushes down on the master rod almost .75 inches without moving the rod)

i found this thread that shows i do believe the bushing im looking for, and the thread describes it. i searched LS1tech for an hour and finally used the keyword clutch pedal pivot pin bushing".

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...8767-what.html

any help in finding this stupid thing will be a lifesaver. this wont fix my really screwed up tranny but i gotta start somewhere. whats wrong with the tranny is another post.
thanks
-matt
Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My RX-7 has one of those and instead of getting one from mazda I made one out of a nylon bushing. cost me about $1 and the use of my dremel and a drill bit since the bushing was SAE and the car is all metric.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

if im not mistaken, that bushing actually presses into the master rod end hole. I took my master off twice and it would come off. I believe its a two piece design. That bushing and another shorter one that snaps on other side.

Heres a pic what i think it is. Im not sure where u would find one other than another master...

Old 09-28-2012, 04:24 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

It would probably be cheaper, and less stressful on you, to go ahead and get a new MC now. If it hasn't **** itself yet, it's bound to sooner or later. No sense in putting off the inevitable.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cbbass123
if im not mistaken, that bushing actually presses into the master rod end hole. I took my master off twice and it would come off. I believe its a two piece design. That bushing and another shorter one that snaps on other side.

Heres a pic what i think it is. Im not sure where u would find one other than another master...

That picture of that bushings is exactly what I need ccbass you rock.
Any one have ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN FIND THE BUSHING PICTURED ABOVE??????
And yea, should change the mc now, but Im gonna need the bushing for the rod end regardless.5 bucks to anyone Ohio can find me the GM part nun rr for this bushing lol
Old 09-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

The two piece bushing is pre-installed on the new masters. Autozone has the GM AP type masters for around $70. I would get a new one or look in ads for used one.

Quick Reply: misery with messed up tranny, need bushing and NOT THE ONE EVERYONE SAYS