Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec Stage 3 Clutch is slipping!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spec Stage 3 Clutch is slipping!

I drove my car today which was the first time I drove it all week and the clutch started slipping at first it really wasn't bad. I only drove it for a few miles on the way back home it got really bad. What do I do I bought the clutch kit from eastside performance about a month ago. Will Spec warranty the clutch? It maybe has a 1000 miles on it now and I broke it in for over 500 miles.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02Z28
I drove my car today which was the first time I drove it all week and the clutch started slipping at first it really wasn't bad. I only drove it for a few miles on the way back home it got really bad. What do I do I bought the clutch kit from eastside performance about a month ago. Will Spec warranty the clutch? It maybe has a 1000 miles on it now and I broke it in for over 500 miles.
First? Who installed it?

Maybe something went wrong with the install, but I'm sure that either East Side or Spec will help you out with your problem. Just give them a call.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

I installed it i did it just like the instructions said I used install university to help with some of my question the transmission was also rebuilt and I put a new slave cylinder on it too. The clutch chattered pretty bad coming out of first I thought that it would go away like most people said it would. I also heard a few times when I would pop it out of first and sometimes second a little squealling noise could it have been the throw-out bearing? Could the TO bearing cause it to slip or could the slave cylinder be bad? I am going to pull the tranny out this weekend and take a look. Is there anything I sould look for?
Old 04-09-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

Be sure you are not leaking some sort of fluid onto the clutch... Thats about the only thing I can think of that would cause a clutch to just go away gradually with out some sort of abuse.

Quick Reply: Spec Stage 3 Clutch is slipping!