Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New master and slave still no pedal, what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New master and slave still no pedal, what are my options?

I lost the clutch pedal a while back and replaced the slave because the push rod was bent. That did nothing even after a few attempts to bleed. Today I replaced the master but had to use an ls1 one, I've read that they are the same. I filled the new master up with fluid and attempted to get all bubbles out before putting the line in.

So I got under the car and pumped the **** out of the slave until I was told no more bubbles were coming out. I was told the bubbles started big and got small and the slave was definitely getting hard to push.

Now the other twist, my clutch pedal is no longer even with my brake pedal, is this because of the ls1 master? It was all the store had available and I need it running this weekend. The pedal doesn't seem to get harder to push after pumping and when the car is actually started the pedal gets even softer. With the clutch pedal pushed the car doesn't go into gear just kinda rolls.

Could there still be air, I'm trying to "gravity bleed" it now and I've heard the might vacs aren't real great for the lt1 clutches.

anyway heres some pics of the pedals and master alignment

the uneven pedals

the kinda uneven master alignment

and a shot of the clutch fork that I'm pretty sure is on the tob right?

tldr: new master and slave, old line, thought I bled it but still no pedal and no clutch to get it into gear, goes into gear fine without clutch. wtf is wrong?

Note: I didn't buy a sealed unit due to time although I wish I would have.

Quick Reply: New master and slave still no pedal, what are my options?