Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Tail shaft knocking.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Tail shaft knocking.

I bought a t56 with the output yoke ahwhile back. There was no movement with it when I checked it over befor I bought it, but that wasent mounted up in the car where I could get some leverage. I had a custom driveshaft made for my swap car. I now have a knocking noise on an up and down movement but not side to side. See video please. I reinstalled the old yoke and I have a very small amout of play but not this bad. If something is worn, what am I looking at for parts and cost if I do it myself. If possible. Thank you for your time.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Teching In

It's hard to tell from the angle in the video, but it looks to me like your play is coming from the U-joint, not from the yoke itself. Just my angle????
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MerkXRTurbo
It's hard to tell from the angle in the video, but it looks to me like your play is coming from the U-joint, not from the yoke itself. Just my angle????
Thanks for the reply. No its not the u-joint. Its brand new and I tested it for play. It seem to be play with the yoke on the shaft. Ive talked with a few other people on my other forum that are running the same setup and it seems to be normal.

Quick Reply: T56 Tail shaft knocking.