Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Opinion on fleabay clutch kits, anyone try?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Opinion on fleabay clutch kits, anyone try?

Needing to get out cheap, seeing clutch kits on fleabay that include flywheel, slave, tool, pilot, pp, clutch etc for really low price.

Car is stock 2002 TA/M6 and will be slightly modded, it's a DD with tons of highway miles, very infrequent spirited driving. It's the beater so needing to find cheap solution for this.

Exedy was one brand I was seeing, but there were several.

I am currently having the centrifugal PP soft pedal problem when it spends some time near the redline, and the throwout has a whine (whine stops with 1" of pedal press so pretty sure it's throwout bearing). So need to fix but not an emergency at this point.

EDIT: Also looking at the BAHNHOF stage 3 on fleabay too, seems like a good clutch for a killer price, no?

Last edited by mk3cn4; 11-23-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want a good reliable clutch, and hydraulics that will not fail then get a LS7 clutch made for the LS1. WS6store.com sells them. i have had mine on for 30k miles and still launches well at the track, holds hard for street use yet is smooth as pie for engagement. for the slave, get an 01-02 type slave cylinder, or the RAM slave. that is the one i have and love it.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exedy and Luk are both pretty good brands. Exedy has a pretty damn good aftermarket clutch too.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

luk is the oem clutch manufacturer for gm so its about as good as you can get for a stock replacement. i bought one on ebay from them for 325 shipped when i did my budget m6 swap, it will eventually get swapped for a monster but its holding up good for now
Old 11-24-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
luk is the oem clutch manufacturer for gm so its about as good as you can get for a stock replacement. i bought one on ebay from them for 325 shipped when i did my budget m6 swap, it will eventually get swapped for a monster but its holding up good for now
Awesome guys! Thought for sure I was going to get lectured about taking cheap way out, glad to hear some open minded honest info.

I think I'm going to get the Exedy Z06 kit with clutch plate, PP, flywheel, slave cyl, pilot, throwout, etc. says 20% more torque capacity in case I bump up a few horses. Whole thing shipped for $369. Amazing.

Anyone with a cheaper fair quality suggestion feel free to chime in!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I installed my cam, the LS7 held up great on a 150 shot of nitrous. The clutch was also extremely DD friendly. However, when I buy a new clutch I will get something with a little more bite!

Quick Reply: Opinion on fleabay clutch kits, anyone try?