Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ticks MC Engagement Point

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticks MC Engagement Point

Hey guys, I have probably a dumb question but figured I'd ask to double check myself and to allow other users that may have the same "problem" feel more confident. I've tried searching for the answer but can't really find an exact answer, if someone already has a thread then please just post the link

Anyways, I recently installed a Ticks Master Cylinder and have a question about the engagement point and the correct adjustment. I have a aftermarket ((Centerforce)) clutch, new oem slave cylinder, and recently installed Ticks master cylinder. I still currently have the spring for the clutch pedal because to me it felt fine with it.

My question is, my clutch is disengaging about 2 inches into travel as oppose to my stock mc disengaging about 1-2 inches off the floor ((had a leaking stock mc)). I only adjusted the ticks mc about 2 turns and from the warehouse it should be at the lowest preset already, correct? Did I over adjust the master cylinder or is this fine? I mainly just don't want to damage the pressure plate, the clutch feels great though, finally can do wot!

Thanks in advance guys, sorry if this is a dumb question or if it's already been answered!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I adjusted mine per Ticks instructions. This left the pedal about an inch below the brake pedal, with maybe an inch of travel to fully disengage. I didn't mind the difference from stock, and got used to it. However after running my twostep off the clutch signal, I figured out it would activate with the slightest touch; so I brought my pedal up about a half inch or so. I haven't had any ill effects, like over extending slave, but I also try not to bottom out the pedal. Not sure if that helps

The spring is not needed with the tick unit.

Quick Reply: Ticks MC Engagement Point