Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

approx $500 what clutch kit? Any Mechanic looking to replace clutch near Queens NY?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default approx $500 what clutch kit? Any Mechanic looking to replace clutch near Queens NY?

As it says above I have $500 to spend and I need a new clutch kit. My ride is a mostly stock formula m6 except for the SLP intake. I plan on getting headers and a catback in the near future. What clutch would give me the best value for my money? I was looking into Monster and Ls7 kits. Will I need a new flywheel? How will I know if I will or not? What about a slave? I heard when replacing the clutch its always good to replace slave?

Second question is that the mechanic by me says he will do the clutch repair for $750 with me getting my own parts. Problem is he said he would not give me a warranty after the install since I am using my own purchased parts. Is that a good estimate or no? Anyone around my area that is reputable and willing to beat that price?

How do I know if I need a new flywheel and slave? I only drove the car for 2days for a few blocks with it slipping and let the car sit until I can fix the issue. It has been parked for the past week while I get my $ up for the repair. Its extremely hard to get into gear I need about 3k-4k to just get it into first. Once moving it seems to be shifting ok. Can I buy a kit with just Disc/Pressure Plate,Pilot Bearing, and Alignment Tool? or do I need the kit with slave and flywheel all included?

Last edited by 98FoRmULa_BiRd; 12-04-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few things...

you need to do this ASAP because you're frying your syncros

second, you need a new slave cylinder. these cars are getting old, this is not something you want take everything apart to change. (been there done that) and you're paying for labor.

if you want the whole kit on the cheap you can't beat the LS7 with a new slave. I highly recommend a remote bleeder too.

IF you can spare the extra cash, upgrade to a TDP stage 1 clutch. TDP is awesome to deal with and I would shell out the extra monies.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Take a look at our Level 1 and Level 2 kits. A little over $500, but well worth it
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Take a look at our Level 1 and Level 2 kits. A little over $500, but well worth it
forgot to mention you guys, no personal experience, but hear its also a very good product.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

Well, now is a great time to try our product
Old 12-04-2012, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would go for a level 1 monster if your tight on funds. I bought their level 2. Havent installed it yet. Times got tight and i had no time or extra funds for the car.So it sits awaiting the install. I can say this. The way monster packages the clutch kit is perfect.Couldent be pack much better than it was with the check list of what i ordered and really shows that they are runing a first class operation over their. I cant wait to get it installed and will report when i do.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BKsNHRA
I would go for a level 1 monster if your tight on funds. I bought their level 2. Havent installed it yet. Times got tight and i had no time or extra funds for the car.So it sits awaiting the install. I can say this. The way monster packages the clutch kit is perfect.Couldent be pack much better than it was with the check list of what i ordered and really shows that they are runing a first class operation over their. I cant wait to get it installed and will report when i do.
Thanks man To the OP check out our Level 1 or 2

Quick Reply: approx $500 what clutch kit? Any Mechanic looking to replace clutch near Queens NY?