Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mustang shifter in 01 camaro will it work

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang shifter in 01 camaro will it work

hello guys i had an 03 Cobra for a couple of years ended up having to sell it but really liked the shifter i had in the car never really missed gears and the hurst in my camaro is really crappy. I do not like it at all. Any way the i have is the t56 vertually the same as far as putting a shifter in? Or am I gonna have to order an f body specific shifter. Will probably end up with an MGW or steeda tri axis which is what i had but have heard rumors of f body guys running the same MGW that the terminator guys run. Is this true any helpful knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

I'm not sure of exactly what you are asking, but yes, MGW makes a shifter for Camaro/Trans Am. It is a popular choice and a quick search will show you how satisfied people have been with it. I don't know if the install is the same, but on a F-body, it is very, very easy to do. Seeing as how Steeda only serves the Mustang aftermarket, I think you're screwed on that one.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I just got the MGW for my ride and love! Pretty simple to install, and works awesome!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Default Shifters

The mounting plate of the mustang shifter is smaller than the fbody. Just make sure to get a fbody specific shifter.

Quick Reply: Mustang shifter in 01 camaro will it work