Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Performance Clutch master cylinder questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tick Performance Clutch master cylinder questions?

I have a few questions about a Tick clutch cylinder for a LS1 f body.I just bought one the other day and have not installed it yet.

Can I use a gasket between the cylinder and the flywall? Should I bench bleed it before I install it? I have shitty luck bleeding the cylinders at the tranny.
Can I adjust the pedal even with the brake pedal?If it releases to close to the
floor that will bug me.

I find the instructions to be vague.I have read lots of write ups of the Tick and
figured I would ask before I installed it.If some one has installed one or sombody from Tick could answer my questions that would be cool.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you can use whatever gasket you like behind the firewall it wont hurt anything. and yes you can adjust the pedal to where the sotck one was and it should work fine. however raising or lowering the pedal wont affect the engagement point its just going to affect the pedal height. i would suggest you follow ticks instructions on how to adjust it properly.

also its is much easier to bench bleed the master when off the car, i always do this before i put it in. also be sure to remove the clutch return spring on the pedal with the tick.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can adjust the Tick to grab where you want it to. Just be careful you don't want to adjust it to far out or you might possibly send the fingers of the pressure plate into the clutch disk. As far as adjustment i just followed the instructions to a T and it worked great for me. And +1 for removing the return spring.
Hope this helps
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Launching!

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by ARCTIC SS
You can adjust the Tick to grab where you want it to. Just be careful you don't want to adjust it to far out or you might possibly send the fingers of the pressure plate into the clutch disk. As far as adjustment i just followed the instructions to a T and it worked great for me. And +1 for removing the return spring.
Hope this helps
Just wondering why the spring removal is required? I'm also about to install a tick on my
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am also wondering why you remove the clutch spring?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nobody knows the reason for removing the clutch pedal spring?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You remove the spring because the pedal will actually have the tendency to stick part of the way up if you keep it on. I know this from personal experience. I removed the spring and no more problems. The bore in the tick master is bigger which helps push the pedal back to the at rest position much better than the stock master could do.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Launching!

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 67SS&99SS
You remove the spring because the pedal will actually have the tendency to stick part of the way up if you keep it on.
i get the rest of what you said but im having trouble with this part, if the pedal returns to its position anyways how would the spring hold it up higher??
Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the spring aids the pedal in returning to its unpressed height. this means the springs pulls on the pedal past a certain point. thus the spring will keep trying to pull the pedal higher on the tick when the pedal is lower than it was with the oem master because of the way you adjusted it. this will result in a lot of dead space in the pedal travel which you dont want.

not to mention its not really good for the master. also another point is that the tick mc will be a little stiffer than the stock master, by taking the spring out you will notice little to no difference at all with the tick.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I just did this myself. Come to find out my spring has been broken the entire time I owned the car... One half was missing, and one half was on top of the lower dash piece you remove to get to it.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

pictures anyone?

Quick Reply: Tick Performance Clutch master cylinder questions?