Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What is wrong with my clutch ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 01:14 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is wrong with my clutch ...

Okay. Problem started a year or so ago when I had a Spec Stage 3 clutch, and an upgraded slave cyl installed. Unfortunately when my stock clutch went bad, I did not have the time to install the new one myself with work and school, so I had a shop by me take care of it. I have a feeling they did something with the new slave wrong, like left air bubbles in it or something stupid.

Everyonce and awhile (maybe once a week during the summer, less often during the winter) when I am WOT and goto shift the clutch won't completely engage and I will have to push it all the way to the floor to shift (clutch pressure afterwards also goes down considerably, and I need to pump the clutch to get it back up).

Over the winter I personally changed the master cyl, did the drill mod, and bled the system, none of which helped it at all.

It hasn't annoyed me too much till tonite when I lost a race to a stupid s/c'd 5.0 mustang that I should've crushed because it took 3 pumps for me to shift in between each gear. Can anyone think of what this could be??
Old 04-18-2004, 05:11 PM

ttt....
Old 04-22-2004, 08:59 PM

Come on guys .... someone help me out with this one.

TTT one last time.