Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What's easier and cheaper?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's easier and cheaper?

Lets say i get 98-02 Camaro or Trans am and in the end i want a good power plant and a m6. Seeing how the v6 and a4's are generally cheaper should i get one and convert it to the v8 and m6? or get the v8 m6 and just upgrade? My plan is to replace everything on the car in the end so every morning i decide i wanna drive this car it starts and gets me to work and back no worries. but also if a buddy thinks he can beat me i guess I'll just have to prove him wrong

#1 buy v6 m5
#2 v6 a4
#3 v8 a4
#4 v8 m6

So one of those options. Remember im gonna most likely replace motor tranny everything (cause i want to). so if it's easy and cheap i would perfer #1 but idk i wanna hear from you. Thank you.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

#4.... You can find rollers all over. I have a buddy with a 2000 z28 m6 roller for $2700. It has the rs ground effects and the dark charcoal leather seats. it needs some paint work. Other then that its clean. He used motor,trans,and harness for a hot rod.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CamarosForever
Lets say i get 98-02 Camaro or Trans am and in the end i want a good power plant and a m6. Seeing how the v6 and a4's are generally cheaper should i get one and convert it to the v8 and m6? or get the v8 m6 and just upgrade? My plan is to replace everything on the car in the end so every morning i decide i wanna drive this car it starts and gets me to work and back no worries. but also if a buddy thinks he can beat me i guess I'll just have to prove him wrong

#1 buy v6 m5
#2 v6 a4
#3 v8 a4
#4 v8 m6

So one of those options. Remember im gonna most likely replace motor tranny everything (cause i want to). so if it's easy and cheap i would perfer #1 but idk i wanna hear from you. Thank you.
Replacing the motor and tranny and everything isn't necessarily a "cheap" option... Especially if you're looking for performance. Look on the classifieds here for rollers and on craigslist... It's probably best if you started out with an LS1 and an m6 that you could build without having to buy a new motor and trans. Good LS1s with M6s can be hard to find without dropping some serious money. But if you're patient, the right one will pop up. Best of luck!

Quick Reply: What's easier and cheaper?