Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Auto to Manual - speedo not working

Old 03-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto to Manual - speedo not working

Hey guys,

I swapped from auto to manual and now my Speedometer isnt working and my fans are not working properly. Im thinking the reason the fans arent working is because my speedo always thinks i am going either 0 , 30mph, or 75mph. So there not turning on and shutting off properly. I havent had the pcm tuned yet either.

My question is - Can anyone tell me if the speedo is incorrect because of the PCM or is my VSS bad? Bear in mind when i swapped to manual, i just swapped the whole k-member with motor
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The vss is different on a t56 than an auto so make sure you are using one for a t56. I'm also assuming that you have the sensor plugged in? With that said the speedo will be pretty off because of the different reluctor wheel inside so you will need a tune. I'm not sure if the fans are off because of the speedo but I would fix that first then move to the fans. Are you sure the car is getting hot enough to have them kick on.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
The vss is different on a t56 than an auto so make sure you are using one for a t56. I'm also assuming that you have the sensor plugged in? With that said the speedo will be pretty off because of the different reluctor wheel inside so you will need a tune. I'm not sure if the fans are off because of the speedo but I would fix that first then move to the fans. Are you sure the car is getting hot enough to have them kick on.
Yeah its getting hot enough, its the low speed fans that are not kicking on. I am going to bleed the radiator system today to make sure everything is in working order.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto to Manual - speedo not working