Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Slow to rise pedal (Yes already followed sticky)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slow to rise pedal (Yes already followed sticky)

Hey all, I have a problem bugging the hell outta me!

I bought the car with the infamous sticking clutch pedal. First I bled the clutch, fluid looked black and like it was never changed. Got all the old fluid out and fresh fluid in, issue was still happening.

Then I decided to put in a Tick Master cylinder. Problem was slightly better but definitely still there.

So then the big one, dropped the trans and changed the slave cylinder to an OEM one, along with a Tick speed bleeder. After installing the slave I also put in some Motul DOT 4 brake fluid, has one of the best heat tolerances so I figured it could only help.

Well the pedal sticking to the floor issue is gone, the old slave was edfinitely bad and you could see it by playing with it off the car. The plastic sleeve was all chewed up and the metal rod inside was gunked up and sticky.

Anyways to make a long story short, when I beat on the car now the pedal is a little slow to rise after a few hard shifts. For example if I do a 0-120 run, 1st to second is perfect, second to third grabs ever so slightly lower, and 3rd to fourth grabs even lower. If I do back to back WOT runs forget about it, gets worse.

Then if I slow down to a stop and pull off again the clutch grabs at a lower spot than it normally would. One or two pumps of the clutch and it's back to normal until I drive it hard again.

Do I have a clutch/pressure plate issue? All the freaking hydraulics and fluid are brand new! FWIW I do stab on the clutch pedal pretty damn hard/fast when I'm doing a WOT run. Gotta get those powershifts in quick!

Chris,
Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Clutch.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe a bad slave/through out bearing.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

It has all new clutch hydraulics.

Did some dig runs today, and it was even worse. I just don't understand how the clutch could be the issue, anyone have a way of explaining it?

Chris,

Quick Reply: Slow to rise pedal (Yes already followed sticky)