Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I Need Help On A 2001 Trans Am Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip, Halley. What type of grease did you use on the bushings? I have yet to grease mine up. I still have that squeaking, and I have yet to fix it. If you get your bushings replaced, let me know how that works.

Joe
Old 05-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sup' Joe, I actually went to the dealership and bitch at them, for not been able to fix my problem, so they felt bad, and they put, not sure what grease type, they just told me that they grease the hell out of the bushings and sway bars, and I have been driving my car for a week now, and that noise is about 90% gone. Maybe replacing the bushing might get rid of it completely, since when the car was brand new, it never happened, (bushings-replacing), which I will do once I can get some cash together. Plus the tech at the dealership was telling me, that noise is common on most all TA's. So if greasing don't work, replace it and grease it up. They said the factory bushings crack after like a couple of years, unless you grease them up maybe a couple of times per year. So, once I get my new ones installed, I'll grease them up like 3-4 times a year. Talk to you in a little bit.

Halley