Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 won't go into gear sometimes with engine running

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 won't go into gear sometimes with engine running

LS2 (trailblazer bottom end), LS7 flywheel and clutch. T56 was an LT1. Changed out bell housing (F-body), midplate, and input shaft (shimmed). Have Tick speed bleeder.
Trans shifts into gear with no issue when the engine is off. With the engine running sometimes I can shift into gear with no problem. Sometimes it won't engage any gear. I can turn the car off, put the car in gear, push in the clutch and start the car. Car will not jump forward.
I have not driven the car due to this and just finished this swap in my 69 camaro.
I was going to bleed the hydraulics again after reading the sticky.
Thanks for any input.
Kevin

69 camaro LS2 T56 9" 3.90 Detroit Speed suspension Baer brakes Budnik wheels.................
Old 06-14-2013, 05:39 AM

Jack up the rear of the car and put it on jackstands so the rear tires are off of the ground. Start the car in gear with the clutch pushed in. Look at the rear tires they should creep just a tad if they move at all. Sometimes the weight of the car is enough to keep it from moving, but the clutch is slipping. I am fearful that your clutch is not fully disengaging.

What master are you using? You may need to step up into a larger master cylinder.

Bleeding it again may be the only issue.

Just throwing out my random thoughts.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Teching In

Stock F-body master.
I did bleed it again. I can here something actuating, assume throwout, at the begining of depressing the clutch pedal. Didn't get a chance to start the car due to it being late.
Thanks,
Kevin

Quick Reply: T56 won't go into gear sometimes with engine running