Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master installed! Couldnt be happier!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm confused...

I just installed one on my car with. Ls7 clutch and I recall the directions saying to start from the bottom or collapsed and adjust half turns until it lets you into gear. This adjustment is about half the height of the brake pedal.

I've adjusted it slightly past this point. I hold the shifter to first and slowly press the pedal. Once it slides in a have just a bit of travel passed that point. I did this because reverse seemed difficult to get into gear with the previous adjustment and seemed like it wanted to pop out.

I thought I read a few threads about guys saying that it was below the brake pedal once adjusted. Maybe half way or so and you guys are saying level with the brake pedal...can Martin shed some light on this?

And yes, I have OCD ��
Old 07-20-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Mine has been SLIGHTLY lower than the brake pedal. It could even come out a little more, because you can definitely feel if the gear is smoothly engaging or not with adjustments.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

90% of the installs we do end up dead level with the brake pedal for best operation. Some slightly underneath.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to adjust mine. My pedal is currently under the break pedal, by foot feel maybe an inch, probably less. It is difficult to get into 3rd/4th a lot of the time for me, specifically when doing pulls back to back (or passes), not sure why. Hoping that fixes it...next step may be Dot 4.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Guitar,

You should most definitely raise your clutch pedal up level with the brake pedal then. Heck, you could probably go 50/50 from where it is now to level with the brake pedal and cure your issues.

I would always suggest such a move in your situation if I were discussing this with a customer. 90% of the time this will also remedy the situation without becoming uncomfortable to drive.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info Martin. Sure makes my mind at ease ha.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:31 PM
b0b
TECH Apprentice

I have continuously been adjusting back and forth to try and find the sweet spot. It is currently slightly above the brake pedal, maybe 1/4 to 3/8 inch. I have left it there for a few days. Pedal feel seems to be no softer or stiffer then before with stocker. However I don't mind a little increase in travel because it has been falling into gear effortlessly. I liked the feel of a short travel also (under the brake pedal) but my clutch wasn't disengaging quite all the way and it would rake on me every so often. Don't forget to test your engagement by putting it in first when setting on level ground and seeing if the car tries to move, also have it in first with clutch all the way in and put in on the limiter and see if the car tries to move. cheers to Tick!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

nice! I just installed a tick master & speed bleeder, gonna finish bleeding & adjusting tomorrow...thanks for all the info guys!

Quick Reply: Tick Master installed! Couldnt be happier!