Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad Pilot Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad Pilot Bearing

My car did something super weird and strange, pretty much when u let out on the clutch all the car wants to do is barley creep forward or backwards it pretty much will not even pull itself.... Tore it down with all that can be visibly wrong is a that the pilot bearing has came apart..... Would this be the problem or do I need to investigate further....
Old 09-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

did you check the throw out bearing , teeth on the pressure plate? Did you also take the pressure plate and clutch off ? see if there's and odd marks on the fly wheel
Old 09-23-2013, 11:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics would help get a better idea of what's going on.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

A damaged pilot bearing would normally affect clutch release. You seem to be describing an issue with clutch engagement though, which is the opposite occurrence. Did you find all the pieces of the pilot when you removed it? I ask to insure that no debris is trapped in the pivot of the pressure-plate.

If the clutch disc is worn excessively or if it is contaminated then this can allow for slippage and thus minimized power delivery to the wheels. Check the disc thickness as this will evidence the amount of wear present. Posting pics is welcome as well. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Bad Pilot Bearing