Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

4speed to gm ls help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 4speed to gm ls help.

Hey guys Im looking for help with my drift car build. Im looking for a used or possibly new 4 speed man trans to mate with my ls2 or possibly ls3 now with a 3.91 rear end.
I dont know what i need to look for from bellhousing to gear ratio's etc. I think i need a 1:1 final 4th gear if im not correct..
Ive looked on ebay and emailed a few trans company bout 4speed.. just not sure what will bolt up to a gm ls block and what ill need to adapt it. bell housing, flywheel size and clutch etc...
anyone that can give me helpful information and directions is appreciated.
its strictly a competition race car...
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

This should cover it:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-ls-motor.html
Old 07-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garys 68
Gary,
I think my mind just turned to mush.. hahaha. A lot to understand..need more coffee. Well I see this pertains to older style trans to GM ls motors. Im looking for info on newerish trans like Jercho, GForce etc. 4speed manual to LS2/3. Ive found a few used but not sure what spline input and output shaft. and then I was reading that your using a lot of gm stock parts and I need to use aftermarket HD clutch and Ltw flywheel and I have no idea what size will fit with the spline input
my clutch is Hydro so Ill need to get a hydro TOB...

I appreciate all patience as Im not use to working on all my own stuff so Im trying to learn since im going to have to do all the wrenching.
Thanks
Old 07-03-2013, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The trans mount similar to the Muncie/T10.
Some of the race trans like Jerichos have odd spline counts limiting their clutch selection. So that will depend on which you get. You'll still need the LS or Sachs truck flywheel for correct starter engagement. The LS flywheel/pressure plate will support up to about an 11.5" clutch, the Sachs an 11" clutch.
I think you're going to have to try and see which is compatible.

Quick Reply: 4speed to gm ls help.