Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick installed, feels pretty good. Have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick installed, feels pretty good. Have a few questions.

To start off I was having hydraulic issues, clutch disengagement to be specific. Bled all the fluid and nothing changed so I figured it was a good time to upgrade the master.

I have good hydraulic pressure now. However following ticks instructions I didn't get a smooth push into gear until the pedal was like almost 2 inches above the brake pedal and often when I push the clutch I now have some squeaking from the drivetrain that wasn't there before.

I am on the original clutch with 90k miles. I don't beat the car and the clutch doesn't slip. Could the high pedal be from a worn clutch? I guess the squeaking is a side affect of the drastic increase in fluid pressure on the clutch components. Maybe throw out bearing or pressure plate.

Any ideas? I'll probably just get prepared to put a clutch in in a few weeks or so.

On a side note the shifts are like butter now. Super smooth.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd venture to say it's your slave cylinder that's causing this. I've got a Tick Master Cylinder, which was installed the same time a new GM Slave Cylinder and Monster Stage 3 Clutch Kit was, and I just recenlty adjusted my Tick Master to where the clutch pedal is dead even with the brake pedal. Before it was about 3 inches higher than the brake pedal and was stiff as a mother f'er. The stiffness didn't bother me, but what did was the overall pedal travel. With my clutch pedal even with the brake pedal, my car goes into all gears just as smoothly as it did when the clutch pedal was much higher.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might just buy a clutch kit so I don't have to deal with it. With the sale in Monster right now, it's pretty tempting. With that said, I'd like to get a new sail panel while 6LE is still taking orders. So many decisions.

Quick Reply: Tick installed, feels pretty good. Have a few questions.