T56 Blocker grinding

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 03:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default T56 Blocker grinding

Hello.

Does anyone know where i can get 2001 Corvette z06 blocker ring for 3rd gear?
I had grinding sound when shifting to Third gear, bought a rebuild kit and 3/4rd gear synchronizer Assembly. However the only part that was broken was the 3rd blocker ring, which was not a part in my rebuild kit.

Where can i get a New one? Is the F-body one the same?
None of the online shops i have looked at, carry them....

My trans is in pieces now so i kinda want to get it as soon as possible.

Thanks
Tommy

Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tick performance should be able to help give them a call. I would also just replace the syncho assembly since you already have it. make sure you also inspect 3rd gear
Old 07-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Teching In

+1 on Tick Performance. I'm in the middle of a rebuild and have ordered all of my parts from them. Their prices seem to be in line with anything else I've found, and their return policy seems like a pretty good one as well.

Edit (Added details on return policy):

Straight from their site:

No catches, no exceptions. We don't charge any restocking fees. When we boast a STRESS FREE Return Policy, we mean it! If you don't want or need your product(s) you ordered from us, we'll refund you. All we ask is that you send the items back to us in the original packaging, and make sure that the merchandise is in the same condition you received it in: new and resalable.

You have 60 days from placement of your order to return it if you want a refund. After 60 days, we can only offer an in-store credit on returned merchandise.
All products being returned must be in new and resalable condition and include any retail packaging, manuals, or other included items to qualify for a refund or exchange.
Shipping cost is never refunded.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Teching In

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 318Charger
+1 on Tick Performance. I'm in the middle of a rebuild and have ordered all of my parts from them. Their prices seem to be in line with anything else I've found, and their return policy seems like a pretty good one as well.

Edit (Added details on return policy):

Straight from their site:

No catches, no exceptions. We don't charge any restocking fees. When we boast a STRESS FREE Return Policy, we mean it! If you don't want or need your product(s) you ordered from us, we'll refund you. All we ask is that you send the items back to us in the original packaging, and make sure that the merchandise is in the same condition you received it in: new and resalable.

You have 60 days from placement of your order to return it if you want a refund. After 60 days, we can only offer an in-store credit on returned merchandise.
All products being returned must be in new and resalable condition and include any retail packaging, manuals, or other included items to qualify for a refund or exchange.
Shipping cost is never refunded.
Hello.

Thanks for the reply.
I am having a hard time contacting Tick. I live in Norway so phone is not a good option. I have sent them a Email, however i have not gotten any reply.

It seems like the Corvette 3rd gir blocker ring is no longer in Production. At least GM dealers where unable to get it to me..
Old 07-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can try thegearbox.org

not sure if they will ship to Norway but no harm in asking.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the gearbox is closed until august 2, 2013. Sorry about that.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by yukio
Hello.

Thanks for the reply.
I am having a hard time contacting Tick. I live in Norway so phone is not a good option. I have sent them a Email, however i have not gotten any reply.

It seems like the Corvette 3rd gir blocker ring is no longer in Production. At least GM dealers where unable to get it to me..
If you're able to order online, that might be your best option.

However, I just took a quick look and wasn't able to find a 2001 z06 blocker ring, but I'm not sure on all the compatibility there.

Don't know what to tell you on the emails. Hopefully they get back to you. In my experience, it takes companies awhile to get to emails compared to other types of communication. In the meantime, maybe you should send another to make sure it doesn't get lost in the rest of the "heap."
Old 07-20-2013, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Tick. Between them and The Gearbox you can get anything you want. I have used Tick as my parts source for several transmissions.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Teching In

LS1Tech 10 Year

Thanks.
However tick only sell the full blocker kit for about 600$, thegearbox is closed for the summer, and i accordance to GM that part is out of production..

Tommy
Old 07-24-2013, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

D&D transmission carries that outer ring for $40.

Quick Reply: T56 Blocker grinding