Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Problems W/ New Hydraulics

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Clutch Problems W/ New Hydraulics

I've got a 98 T/A with the T56 and i put a new clutch in around 10,000 miles ago it's a Bahnof (pretty cheap ebay brand) about 500 miles after the clutch was put in it blew the original slave, so i replaced it and was able to bleed it to operation, but a few weeks ago now i was driving normally and the pedal lost almost all it's pressure and it would barely throw out to put in gear or shift at all. So i replaced the master cylinder, and the slave and now i cannot get any pedal pressure what so ever and i have bleed it and bleed it and bleed it yet i cannot get the pedal to firm up at all . if anyone has any advice i'd love to hear it all.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

Some hindsight advice for you.. don't buy cheap ****. Replace the clutch with a descent unit and lick your wombs. Live and learn.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 AM
FormerVendor

Black1998WS6, what bleed method are you using? Have you tried a mighty-vac or pressure-bleeder? Either of these can really help eliminate air from the system and would be worth a try!

Vince...I think you mean "wounds" not "wombs" (or maybe not)...it provided a little laugh therapy this morning either way!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Black1998WS6, what bleed method are you using? Have you tried a mighty-vac or pressure-bleeder? Either of these can really help eliminate air from the system and would be worth a try!

Vince...I think you mean "wounds" not "wombs" (or maybe not)...it provided a little laugh therapy this morning either way!
Haha awesome.. yep I clearly missed that.

Quick Reply: Clutch Problems W/ New Hydraulics