Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help with picking flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with picking flywheel

I am about to purchase the monster stage 2 clutch with hydraulic slave option & flywheel & also getting the trick master. My question is do I pick the 28 pounder or the lightweight 18 pounder? I have a 2001 Camaro convertable ss with a 598 lift cam around 230 duration @50, headers & 100 shot tnt nitrous. My driving habit is that I just about never use nitrous anymore, but might with this better clutch set up & it is a daily driver. I hear the light weight flywheel is bad for daily street driving, but then I hear that the monster pressure plate is heaver then stock making the whole assembly with the lightweight flywheel only about 5 pounds less weight. Please help me make my decision. Also was hoping someone from monster can tell me how long it takes to get my order to 33025. I'm ordering everything from TRICK performance?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I wish mine was a bit lighter. The biggest talking point for heavier is inertia for getting the car going while drag racing. On street tires launching hard you are still gong to blow them off. Lighter may be more challenging to drive, but you are only going a little lighter, not liike some Tilton triple disc.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe I received your order from Tick Performance. If you are going to be spraying the car you need to step up to the Level 3 disc because of the torque spike at low rpms and I would recommend the 28lb flywheel with the ceramic friction material as it will ease driveability. Clutch will take ~4 days to ship from here to you, the 28lb flywheel and Level 3 upgrade would be a wash with your Level 2 and option. Let me know asap, so I can make that change. Chris, 817-750-2000

Quick Reply: Help with picking flywheel