Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 or Monster??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 04:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexnavasws6
I was just going for a nice clutch on a Bolt On setup. Lot of great feedback. Thanks guys. I will be going Monster Stage 2 soon enough!
Good choice. I love the Monster level 2 that's in my car!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had both a Monster Level 2 and an LS7 on my Bolt-On car. I liked the Monster at first and it shifted well, but it fell apart sooner than I'd have liked it to. Switched to the LS7 and cut 1.6x 60's and shifted flawlessly, didn't have any problems with it.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:41 AM
Staging Lane

Right now I have an LS7 clutch in my car w/ factory hurst shift. It is very notchy and is not very smooth from gear to gear. Pedal has good pressure but it engages a lot closer to the floor than my V6 daily driver (97 Firebird). I have 3.73 gears with a MS4 cam and have to use a lot of clutch to have a smooth start at slow speeds. I'm buying one of the Tick Performance Master Cylinders w/ a speed bleeder line and GM Slave. I'm hoping this helps but I feel that the LS7 is not a very good clutch from what I'm reading. I think I am going to upgrade to a Monster Level 2 w/ above mentioned hydraulics and hope that fixes the problem. Sometimes its hard to get into gear and then sometime its not which leads me to believe that its a clutch issue. Seems others are having the same notchy feeling from gear to gear w/ the LS7 clutch.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ajzcamaro
Right now I have an LS7 clutch in my car w/ factory hurst shift. It is very notchy and is not very smooth from gear to gear. Pedal has good pressure but it engages a lot closer to the floor than my V6 daily driver (97 Firebird). I have 3.73 gears with a MS4 cam and have to use a lot of clutch to have a smooth start at slow speeds. I'm buying one of the Tick Performance Master Cylinders w/ a speed bleeder line and GM Slave. I'm hoping this helps but I feel that the LS7 is not a very good clutch from what I'm reading. I think I am going to upgrade to a Monster Level 2 w/ above mentioned hydraulics and hope that fixes the problem. Sometimes its hard to get into gear and then sometime its not which leads me to believe that its a clutch issue. Seems others are having the same notchy feeling from gear to gear w/ the LS7 clutch.
I just installed the LS7 with a Tick MC and Tick speed bleeder. I haven't been able to put over 200 miles on it, cause I got side tracked with new drill rotors and brakes and new PSpulley. But it isn't notchy at all. The Tick MC and the Tick speed bleeder are great products, and I'm glad I spent the money on them. My pedal grabs really quick also. Soon as I started to let the clutch out maybe 2-4 inches it grabs. I adjusted the MC 1 time and it was better but ran out of time. Personally I love the LS7 clutch. But I'm done with modding so that's why I went with it.

Quick Reply: LS7 or Monster??