Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Weird Noise at Hi-rpm when I push the Clutch in.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Weird Noise at Hi-rpm when I push the Clutch in.

I purchased this car about 3 weeks ago (2002 Trans Am WS6). Done put about 2000 miles on it (Has 160,000). I had a problem in the morning going in gear. So I installed the Tick M/C last week. Solved the morning issues, Love it. Now the P/O said he installed a 18lbs Flywheel, Z06 Clutch (dont know if the means the LS6 or LS7 didnt know that much when buying the car.) and new throwout bearing (last year, less then 10,000 miles ago, carfax can verified that. He didnt drive much, a weekend car). And truthfully I believe he did all that being why Im posting this. I been trying to find a lie with him. And EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTHING has been true. And done right.

After installing the Tick M/C I go for a Test drive. First time taking the car to red line. At 5500 rpm and I push the Clutch to shift you hear roaring like a bearing whining down (Done this a couple of time, not shifting just pushing in the clutching at Hi rpm). My buddy riding in the car said u can feel it in the flood board toward the front of tunnel. To me it sounds like a Throw out bearing. But the PO said he replaced it with a New GM Throwout bearing. And when I replace the MC I could tell the transmission been out by the scaring on the paint around transmission tunnel. And plus the P/O cut a hole Tunnel to bleed the Throw-out bearing easier (which worked for me, I could install the Tick speedbleeder.) I really dont get any noise when normal drive. But curious of what it is

I was just doing research, and some are saying it normal for some aftermarket clutch to make noise and stuff. But nothing meet me exact noise. Just like for some verification or something. I guess.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2013, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump!!! any thoughts?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like the throwout bearing to me... who knows, it could've been a defective part. if you end up replacing it you might want to do the slave cylinder as well

Quick Reply: Weird Noise at Hi-rpm when I push the Clutch in.