Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

96 camaro clutch chatter please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 camaro clutch chatter please help!!!

Alright guys i have a 1996 camaro LT1 and it seems like ever since I put in this Ram clutch disk and pressure plate all it ever does is chatter. Ive probably put 5000 miles on it at least. The weird thing is If the car sits for a few days then sometimes it wont chatter at all for the first few min. of driving so if anyone knows what this could be or had the same problem before please let me know thanks
Old 12-28-2013, 01:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

well you are way past the "500 mi break=in" so clutch surfaces should certainly be bedded now.

you have a DF (puc one side full face organic other side) disc?

puc discs are more prone to chatter and don't like to be slipped. engagement technique can be adjusted which usually resolves. assume clutch was installed properly and FW was resurfaced or replaced it should not chatter if engagement technique is spot on. again the window of rpm/clutch release is tighter than with just a organic full face stock type clutch
Old 12-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is padded Im going to try to start narrowing things down thanks for the advice sir. I just wasnt sure if it was a hyro issue. or clutch itself. One time i had some place resurface the stock flywheel with the new clutch they could have messed it up then i bought a new billet steel flywheel from spec and put the same clutch on it maybe thats the problem. But like I said before its weird that every once in a while it acts perfectly normal with no chatter at all for a like 20 min.

Quick Reply: 96 camaro clutch chatter please help!!!