Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need suggestions/opinions on a clutch setup...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 05:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How else are you going to keep the tob centered and pushing in straight? The hyd slave assy on the LS style has the guide tube built into the assy.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:01 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FOLK67
Quicktime makes a steel one for LT1s and with stick cars I always go with a beefed bellhousing. I like my feet lol. Any other steel bellhousings for an LT1 on the market? We originally had a SPEC stage 3 clutch but the engine build got a little out of hand so it won't be enough clutch now. It is for sale if anyone is interested PM me. New just been sitting for a couple years.

And what is this guide tube you speak of? Sounds like I'll need it. Sorry like I said I'm new to late model clutch setups. Thanks again for all the help!
McLeod has the 8760-00 scattershield; I have not installed it or the QT.

The LT1 throwout bearing guide tube is not problematic but can wear with mileage. McLeod never listed one AFAIK. Just make sure yours isn't too worn and is smooth. It's the Ford T56 tube that is problematic for whatever reason.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because its a ford. Ha.
The LT tube is a tad shorter it appears and may be thinner wall, but not 100% on that.
The ford guys have all sorts of issues and blame it on everything, so no one really knows. I have built quite a few terminator T56s and never had comebacks.

Quick Reply: Need suggestions/opinions on a clutch setup...