Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch goes to the floor....was fine just a few days ago

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch goes to the floor....was fine just a few days ago

Hey guys,

I was selling my car, met up with one of our members on this website and signed the paperwork and everything-- about an hour later I was called and the clutch pedal has gone through the floor.

I am having the car towed back to my home, and naturally voided my sale (I feel terrible, I had no idea there was a problem and it drove fine when I went to meet up with the buyers. I am not a piece of ****, and would not want someone driving 600+ miles back home with what could be a dangerous situation)

So, the overflow tank was bone dry. I am no mechanic, I barely drive the car and it sits in my garage so I did not notice this happening. They filled it up with fluid, and there was no change in the clutch response as per the pedal.

So, now that it looks like I will be keeping the car (I can't sell something that isn't up to par in my standards)....where do I begin? I've read on here, if you are going to replace the master cylinder, you might as well get the slave. And, being as though I have added some good power....might as well upgrade the clutch and do it all at once.

I will try to tow it to a mechanic shop my friend works at, maybe he can tell me what I need. So disappointed, I really needed to sell the car to be able to trade my my work truck to pick up another work truck. (I was selling the car for what I owe on it). Now I owe money on the car, so I will just eat it and repair and if I'm putting this kind of money into it....might as well keep it.

I see you guys recommending a Tick unit for the master cylinder--- do I need the slave cylinder from the same company?

Any help would be appreciated, I did search a little but I would like to see what others have done with similar mods. Feeling shitty, would never want someone to buy the car and maybe have an accident on the drive home. I'm no used car salesman!

Thanks,
Kenny
Old 11-02-2014, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Tic have the Monster + Tic MC for about under a grand. Seeing my mods, I wonder if I should go stage 2 in case I decide to add heads and cam?
Old 11-02-2014, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

If you are selling no point in adding a clutch if your doesnt slip. But yeah if I was going to get a new clutch I would at least get stage 2!
Old 11-03-2014, 04:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

The Stage 2 Monster is great unit for a heads/cam car that will not be raced religiously or run hard. If you plan on adding nitrous to the mix along with heads/cam, you may want to consider a Stage 3.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xxKennyDxx
Tic have the Monster + Tic MC for about under a grand. Seeing my mods, I wonder if I should go stage 2 in case I decide to add heads and cam?
Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
The Stage 2 Monster is great unit for a heads/cam car that will not be raced religiously or run hard. If you plan on adding nitrous to the mix along with heads/cam, you may want to consider a Stage 3.

Thanks for the post Martin@Tick, could not have said it better myself.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go with a McLeod RST. It will take everything you have now with no problem and leave you plenty of room to grow if you choose too. It is rated at 800hp but has a lighter than stock pedal feel. It offers great street manners and smooth engagements. You get all the benefits of a twin disc with single disc manners.

McLeod RST Link - Now on Web Promotion

Old 11-05-2014, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance

Thanks for the post Martin@Tick, could not have said it better myself.
Not a problem Steve!

Quick Reply: Clutch goes to the floor....was fine just a few days ago