Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master - C5 Corvette - Bleeding

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tick Master - C5 Corvette - Bleeding

I searched this up, but there are no pictures or anything to describe the process. I read the sticky on the top of the page about the "check valve" or whatever, I just want to clarify.

In that post, it says
"There is a check valve in the brass/gold colored fitting at the end of that line that your helper will need to press in only after you have pressure on the clutch pedal. Once you have your foot resting on the clutch pedal (it will be rock solid firm with the line unhooked) have your helper press the valve in with a screw driver or pen while you pump downwards on the clutch and hold it there."
Is this what it is talking about? I just leave this end disconnected, while I have a friend open the valve as I depress the clutch pedal? And after I bleed it, I just reinstall that fitting and I'm good to go? I would assume I don't need to bleed the slave, as I'm not introducing any air to it or messing with it at all during this installation.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, put a little pressure on the clutch pedal, then have a friend push that valve in. The pedal should go right to the floor. Hold the pedal there, while the friend releases the valve. I'd bleed the slave as well just to make sure.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.

I got it done today in around 3 hours. Its a PITA getting your hands in there to reinstall the pedal!! Also, the template was a little bit off for drilling the pedal, but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

I bled it really easily again once it was in the car by using this method..this literally worked in 5 seconds.

Now my question is, where exactly do most people have their clutch pedal adjusted? Mine is about 2 inches lower than the brake pedal.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by StryfeS13
Now my question is, where exactly do most people have their clutch pedal adjusted? Mine is about 2 inches lower than the brake pedal.
generally even with brake pedal.

Does the clutch pedal have a "stop" you can adjust or does it just bottom out on the NSS?

You don't want to over extend the PP so if complete disengagement happens way before the clutch pedal bottoms out adjust the MC so the travel is shorter.

Don't know if your pedal has some form of pedal stop bolt and if that is adjustable.

Quick Reply: Tick Master - C5 Corvette - Bleeding