Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fresh t56, 3rd gear grinds and pops out

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now my trans is notchy and hard to get into all gears, and it fails the rev test. I did the drill mod, but the master didn't have a restriction like I've heard of, the actual fitting itself was small. I opened it up to 7/64 anyways.

Is it a shim? Weak pressure plate? Or will a tick master fix it?
Old 02-20-2015, 06:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Could be anything lol it's hard to tell. First thing I would try is disconnect the master from the slave and push with some pressure on the clutch pedal. It should be rock hard if the pedal starts to sink the master is bad. Other than that and trying a bleed on the system you will need to pull it out and look at the slave.

Assuming that checks out and the clutch is fairly new I doubt it's the PP. Did you measure for a shim with the new trans? If not that's crucial for spec clutches. Personally I would never run another stock master. Not only do they constantly have issues but they barely flow enough fluid for the stock clutch. The tick is not only insurance but the car just drives so much nicer even comparing it to a functional stock mc
Old 02-20-2015, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything is new, but the first slave was cracked and leaked. This slave doesn't leak. The air gap measures at .086 with no shim.

Quick Reply: Fresh t56, 3rd gear grinds and pops out