Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick performance

Has anyone had any problem with this company? I sent in my transmission to get rebuilt and now they are saying they don't have any 2nd or reverse gears in stock. Not only that but they are charging extra for the "RARE" 2nd gear. The website says they have both in stock. Now I am just sitting here waiting for them to "find" those gears and put my tranny back together.

Last edited by itsslow98; 02-05-2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Edit title to correct vendor name
Old 02-03-2015, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Apparently everyones on a shortage of the 2nd gears, theyre like 450$ on ebay.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Mac
Has anyone had any problem with this company? I sent in my transmission to get rebuilt and now they are saying they don't have any 2nd or reverse gears in stock. Not only that but they are charging extra for the "RARE" 2nd gear. The website says they have both in stock. Now I am just sitting here waiting for them to "find" those gears and put my tranny back together.
You are in good hands, Tick are well known and respected on this site. They will have your box sorted as soon as they can.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Thanks. I read about them online here. Just frustrating to see the site says one thing and they say another. My car hydrolocked in Nov during a street flooding. So i choose to do everything at once. engine, heads, cam, clutch, suspension, and tranny. Tranny is the one hold up, my engine is almost done being built. I miss my Camaro.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you are able, give them a call, it's always better to talk & get the full story rather than an e-mail
Old 02-03-2015, 01:11 AM
Teching In

I did. They are great at picking up the phone. I just hope they really do have the parts in stock. As is I am still looking at getting the car back in March. Delays are pushing the time line for sure.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think I offered them my first born if they'd ship me a 2nd gear. Needless to say I don't need to worry about finding a baby momma anytime soon. Tick will get you sorted out, it may take time but they seem to be a stand up company. There are some aftermarket 2nd gears that should be hitting the streets more frequently so I hope that resolves our issues.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:16 AM
Staging Lane

+1 for tick. Really great service and products, you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really hope the aftermarket steps up and starts producing more quality t56 parts soon. For the last few years there has always been something backordered and unavailable from Tremec and leaves builders scrambling, distributors hoarding parts, and prices skyrocketing. LS input shafts go MIA for several months every year it seems. You wouldn't believe how much I had to pay for triple cone blockers this past fall......these transmissions are going to become cost prohibitive to rebuild very soon if nothing changes.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
I really hope the aftermarket steps up and starts producing more quality t56 parts soon. For the last few years there has always been something backordered and unavailable from Tremec and leaves builders scrambling, distributors hoarding parts, and prices skyrocketing. LS input shafts go MIA for several months every year it seems. You wouldn't believe how much I had to pay for triple cone blockers this past fall......these transmissions are going to become cost prohibitive to rebuild very soon if nothing changes.
The magnum is essentially a 2k price difference from what I'm doing (still waiting on 2nd gear) and even though I have all of the other parts I'm seriously considering just returning what I can and getting a new magnum. At least not to many vendors are gouging on pricing for the parts they do have.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Teching In

I have contemplating this as well (magnum). RPM says they have all the parts as well. I hope Tick gets parts ASAP.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Soooooo true. Couldn't of said it better myself. We experience these back orders all the time and it's Tremec's back orders that kill us in these situations.

The TR-6060 will be the only trans you can get parts for before long...

To the OP, I'm very sorry about the delay, but as soon as we get your parts in I promise you that your transmission will be one of our top priorities to finish and get sent back to you as fast as we can.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just about to deem Tremec as the bigger "idiots" of the automotive world. Ok, parts are in demand and a lot gets back ordered. I get that. How long has this been going on? I put questionable parts back in my POS because of their lack of foresight on production. Sounds like a lot of mismanagement if you ask me.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Soooooo true. Couldn't of said it better myself. We experience these back orders all the time and it's Tremec's back orders that kill us in these situations.

The TR-6060 will be the only trans you can get parts for before long...

To the OP, I'm very sorry about the delay, but as soon as we get your parts in I promise you that your transmission will be one of our top priorities to finish and get sent back to you as fast as we can.
I really appreciate that. Just a heads up, your website needs to be updated. Currently it says you have the 2nd and reverse gears in stock. From one business man to another, always a priority to keep the webpage up to date.
But, again thank you. I really look forward to finishing my build.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen Fl 'bird
I'm just about to deem Tremec as the bigger "idiots" of the automotive world. Ok, parts are in demand and a lot gets back ordered. I get that. How long has this been going on? I put questionable parts back in my POS because of their lack of foresight on production. Sounds like a lot of mismanagement if you ask me.
I don't like em either. But from a business perspective the reality is this.....the t56 hasn't been offered in a new vehicle for 8 years now (more than a decade for single/double cone units like fbody versions) since being replaced by the tr6060, and in the grand scheme of things were a fairly low production volume trans compared to say a t5 which came in tons and tons of vehicles. Prices for rebuildable cores have more than doubled in the last 4 years as they become more scarce. I see the parts supply getting smaller and smaller going forward, unless someone in the aftermarket that has the resources/desire to support such a niche market steps up and starts making stuff.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Definitely a T-56 issue when it comes to tracking down parts. Time to step up to the TR6060. I love how mine performs compared to the T56 anyway
Old 02-04-2015, 11:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't like em either. But from a business perspective the reality is this.....the t56 hasn't been offered in a new vehicle for 8 years now (more than a decade for single/double cone units like fbody versions) since being replaced by the tr6060, and in the grand scheme of things were a fairly low production volume trans compared to say a t5 which came in tons and tons of vehicles. Prices for rebuildable cores have more than doubled in the last 4 years as they become more scarce. I see the parts supply getting smaller and smaller going forward, unless someone in the aftermarket that has the resources/desire to support such a niche market steps up and starts making stuff.
Sadly this is the truth and it is a truth that all transmission shops like us will have to face very soon, if they aren't already facing it.

We haven't been able to build a Level 3 "Viper spec" trans in almost 5 months due to the availability of 30 spline output shafts.

It's getting to be ridiculous. We understand that the price of a Magnum is out of reach for some of you guys, but it really is the best way to go with the future outlook on T56 parts availability.

Charlie, I'll make sure to let the web guys know about the 2nd gear and reverse gears.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get what you're saying on newer transmissions. Just better all the way around. But, Tremec has the tooling to make the parts, right now, that a lot of people want and still need. Their replacement parts sales would go through the roof if they would just do a run on everything in a T56. Of course somebody on the inside is saying not worth it.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Sadly this is the truth and it is a truth that all transmission shops like us will have to face very soon, if they aren't already facing it.

We haven't been able to build a Level 3 "Viper spec" trans in almost 5 months due to the availability of 30 spline output shafts.

It's getting to be ridiculous. We understand that the price of a Magnum is out of reach for some of you guys, but it really is the best way to go with the future outlook on T56 parts availability.

Charlie, I'll make sure to let the web guys know about the 2nd gear and reverse gears.

If the Magnum came down a few hundred bucks it would make it much more tempting. Once my rebuild is done, I'm just going to run it till it blows again and then swap it with a magnum. Hopefully that is many years and a whole lot of miles down the road.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen Fl 'bird
I get what you're saying on newer transmissions. Just better all the way around. But, Tremec has the tooling to make the parts, right now, that a lot of people want and still need. Their replacement parts sales would go through the roof if they would just do a run on everything in a T56. Of course somebody on the inside is saying not worth it.
Or sell the tooling to someone how will make the parts.

Quick Reply: Tick performance