Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hydraulic lag??

Did the following roughly ~15k miles ago
Spec stage 2
Spec Billet flywheel
O1+ master cylinder
TO bearing
01+ Slave Cylinder

Not sure exactly how to describe this but basically at a stop I'll push the clutch in and push the stick forward towards first, and there's about a 2 second delay before it will let it in, if I push to hard to force it, it grinds! Just seems like the fluid takes to long to get there, also have the drill mod done... Background on the car, was making mid 300's to the wheel when I installed the clutch etc but since have gone turbo and I'm ~550 whp, have I possibly wore out the stage 2 for that power range or does it sound like I just have a hydraulic issue? Not sure where to start looking as far as which part could be the culprit. Thanks for any input
Old 02-05-2015, 12:22 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

First thing I would try is to flush the fluid out the bleeder until it runs clear and see if it improves things. If the fluid is really black, it could be compressing (which it shouldn't do)
Old 02-06-2015, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

so i drilled the dreaded hole in the floor, bled the bleeder valve on the master and didnt change anything.....
Old 02-09-2015, 06:25 PM

I'm thinking your stage 2 should be able to handle 550, so I would start looking into hydraulics. The GM slave is typically fine, but the master might be done (again). I went through two replacement masters before springing for an adjustable, and I don't have close to your power oujtput. You might just be to that point.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sigghh... Replaced the master, again, this weekend and no change! Jacked up the rear end and put the clutch to the floor, put it in first and revved it, tires started spinning slowwwlly.... So obviously the clutch isn't fully disengaging... After reading some more threads, thinkin that I should have shimmed the clutch during install
Old 02-11-2015, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ls1charged
Sigghh... Replaced the master, again, this weekend and no change! Jacked up the rear end and put the clutch to the floor, put it in first and revved it, tires started spinning slowwwlly.... So obviously the clutch isn't fully disengaging... After reading some more threads, thinkin that I should have shimmed the clutch during install
I didn't suggest that at first, because you did the work 15K miles ago. I would have expected a shim issue to show up immediately and not 15K later.

Also, LOL on your sig quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I guess I always felt there was something off but I just wasn't sure if it was because it was a new clutch, new everything basically, guess I was hoping it would break in and go away lol

Quick Reply: Hydraulic lag??