Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Weird Shifting Question when letting clutch out

Old 02-27-2015, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Weird Shifting Question when letting clutch out

Hey guys everyone that I have talked to hs been a little stumped by my situation. Its getting too the point now to where I'm jut accepting it and running with it lol.

Anyway I rebuilt my t56 back in 2012 new 2nd gear, 1-2 slider and all the normal stuff. its got around 20k on it since then. I noticed recently after my new clutch install that when powershifting from 1-2 only at wot I hear a buzz/scratch noise in 2nd. Now before anyone says synchro or similar it DOES NOT happen when the shifter is entering the gear. In other words I can powershift into 2nd and she goes in like a knife through butter and enagges. The only time I hear anything is when I let the clutch out. The shifter never moves and stays in gear and really theres no problems with the trans at all.

If you have the music up loud or windows down you wont hear anything. It may have always done it because I usually have the windows down and cant hear **** lol. I also tried replicating the same situation only not releasing the clutch after the shift. 6500 rpm and I grab 2nd as hard as I can and again she goes in beautifully I let the clutch out slow as the rpms drop and all is quiet. So at this point I'm relating it to releasing the clutch, as I figure an internal trans problem would show itself as I enter the gear.

The guys at tick are stumped and just said it could be one of those weird things and to just run with it. I'm going to do that just wondring if anyone else heard/had this happen. I'm thinknig it could have something to do with the new twin disk grabbing onto the flywheel and floater or the new pilot bearing but I dont hear anything if I go to 3rd the same way bu then again the loads on the clutch/pilot are different than going 1-2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weird Shifting Question when letting clutch out