Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tick mc

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tick mc

So I've read about everyone having the clutch squeak and have read every post about it. I did a spec clutch drove it on the stock McGrath with no noise as soon as I did the tick it keeps doing this I can't take it anymore. I removed the spring greased lubed everything still does it. But its more like a squeal only when I let it out. Can't be the clutch cause only started after the tick. Clutch isn't glazed I hammer on it daily. Clutch isn't slipping either. Maybe not bled right idk. Please help.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:44 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Is it a metal on metal sounding squeak or a thick "rubbery" sort of squeak? If fluids get ont he friction material, it'll make rubbing noises. I've heard of ticks popping slaves, causing fluid leaks - though I'd think that would cause other issues as well.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Is it a metal on metal sounding squeak or a thick "rubbery" sort of squeak? If fluids get ont he friction material, it'll make rubbing noises. I've heard of ticks popping slaves, causing fluid leaks - though I'd think that would cause other issues as well.
Yeah like thick rubber sound like a squak sound. But i know the mc isnt leakin nor motor. Its a low mileage car.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:22 AM

It really does sound like fluid on the friction material. SInce you've already checked the motor and master, only thing I can think of is the tick might have overextended the slave and popped a seal. That just doesn't add up to me, because I would think you'd have shifting symptoms, but you have not mentioned any.

I assume you've tried feathering the clutch in fourth going down the highway to burn the clutch a bit. I find that helps. But I've got an oil leak, so I know why mine makes that noise.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
It really does sound like fluid on the friction material. SInce you've already checked the motor and master, only thing I can think of is the tick might have overextended the slave and popped a seal. That just doesn't add up to me, because I would think you'd have shifting symptoms, but you have not mentioned any.

I assume you've tried feathering the clutch in fourth going down the highway to burn the clutch a bit. I find that helps. But I've got an oil leak, so I know why mine makes that noise.
Well I just re bled it the proper way. Haven't driven it yet to hear anything but the pedal is a lot harder.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

I feel dumb but yeah just had to bleed it the tick way. There is no more noise.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:15 AM

thanks for reporting back that it worked!

Quick Reply: tick mc