Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ls7 clutch and tick master?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 05:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im gonna bump this up one more time guys, I'm sorry if my questions seem so repetitive but I'm about to spend $1700 altogether on this little adventure and just like to be thorough. Right now I can grab a Mantic ER2 single for the same price as the monster stage 1 kit, the question is which should it be? It will be 10000% street driven with absolutely no track time (which is why I'm considering the stage 1). I'd like to get the clutch that doesn't need a shim, but I will measure anyways but would prefer not too since I'm not doing the install but will probably see if I can help with it just to make sure we get it done right (and so I can learn a thing or two). I know Monster is a great company and Mantic has perfect reviews as well. Either way I go I know it won't be a bad choice, but I'm just trying to find the best choice. Any input would be great guys, thanks again for all the help even with me sounding like a broken record. Oh, I know I've said it before, but Tick Master here with speed bleeder has been ordered as well.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsa347
Im gonna bump this up one more time guys, I'm sorry if my questions seem so repetitive but I'm about to spend $1700 altogether on this little adventure and just like to be thorough. Right now I can grab a Mantic ER2 single for the same price as the monster stage 1 kit, the question is which should it be? It will be 10000% street driven with absolutely no track time (which is why I'm considering the stage 1). I'd like to get the clutch that doesn't need a shim, but I will measure anyways but would prefer not too since I'm not doing the install but will probably see if I can help with it just to make sure we get it done right (and so I can learn a thing or two). I know Monster is a great company and Mantic has perfect reviews as well. Either way I go I know it won't be a bad choice, but I'm just trying to find the best choice. Any input would be great guys, thanks again for all the help even with me sounding like a broken record. Oh, I know I've said it before, but Tick Master here with speed bleeder has been ordered as well.
I'm not familiar with Mantic, but they only offer a 90 day warranty. Steve warranties his clutches for 1 year. For me, on that basis alone I'd go with Monster.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,152 Posts

monsters are designed to not need shims. mine has been in, un-shimmed, about a year and 10k miles, and I still have not had to adjust the master cylinder for wear.

I do understand the concern to spend that much money and still have issues, but a monster kit with tick master for ~$1k and you won't be sorry.

follow the sticky for bleeding it properly, start with the rod at its shortest and slowly increase length until you get the rod length that works for you (giggidy), and you'll be in real good shape.

Quick Reply: ls7 clutch and tick master?