Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ebay clutches

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay clutches

Any one have any luck with the ebay clutches. Spec , fx etc. Im on a budget but i wanna if they are worth it.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Teching In

I bought a LUK one just getting to around to the install, looks good all parts nice and came with flywheel. price was right under 400
Old 05-06-2015, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

I bought a LUK of Amazon felt good with my bolt on car, only 200 miles then the engine grenaded. Now I have a Spec Stage 2 going it in, hopefully all goes well. As I said i have a LUK with 200 miles on it if you're looking for one cheap. Just throwing it out there for ya, sence you're on a budget.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

FWIW, LUK is the OE clutch, and a good option if you aren't doing any mods. Personally, I would go with a sponsor or other user off LS1Tech rather than ebay. Isn't a little bit of give on the budget worth knowing that you'll have someone available down the road?
Old 05-07-2015, 10:19 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

It's definitely smart to cheap out on a clutch. Considering how tedious it is to replace it and how an exploding POS clutch can take out your floor pan and legs, it's totally worth cheaping out.
What is this, Civic owners buying LS1s?
Doesn't matter if you're on a budget, here's a word of advice: do it once and do it right. It's cheaper in the long run. You don't need to blow $1,500 on a twin plate clutch, but get a decent one. ****, you can even be cheap and find a used Monster and have it resurfaced(if it needs it). It's still better than buying a POS clutch.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
It's definitely smart to cheap out on a clutch. Considering how tedious it is to replace it and how an exploding POS clutch can take out your floor pan and legs, it's totally worth cheaping out.
What is this, Civic owners buying LS1s?
Doesn't matter if you're on a budget, here's a word of advice: do it once and do it right. It's cheaper in the long run. You don't need to blow $1,500 on a twin plate clutch, but get a decent one. ****, you can even be cheap and find a used Monster and have it resurfaced(if it needs it). It's still better than buying a POS clutch.
The LUK stuff isn't bad, it's stock. I'd agree with the sentiment that it's nice to have vendor support down the road though. You can probably get an LS7 within your budget...Or buy a spec through one of the site sponsors.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by blackandgold
The LUK stuff isn't bad, it's stock. I'd agree with the sentiment that it's nice to have vendor support down the road though. You can probably get an LS7 within your budget...Or buy a spec through one of the site sponsors.
Yeah, I honestly think the sponsors do us a heck of a service by helping keep this site running, so I would always encourage people to try work with them.

Quick Reply: ebay clutches