Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Luk Clutch kit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Luk Clutch kit.

Is anyone using this clutch kit from gripforce.com? (sponsor) If so how do you like it, hows the chatter, and how much power is it supposed to hold?
Old 06-10-2004, 06:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black_z
Is anyone using this clutch kit from gripforce.com? (sponsor) If so how do you like it, hows the chatter, and how much power is it supposed to hold?
can't answer all but i do know many C5 folks are this clutch with good reports and high satisfaction...
Old 06-10-2004, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

All i have to say is holy shat. This clutch holds and have I told you that it holds. I launch at 5k on ET streets doesnt slip at all and beat the hell out of it on the street.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look on an LS6 clutch pressure plate, you will see the LUK logo stamped on it.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

How is it on the street? How is the pedal pressure?
Old 06-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Teching In

The clutch grip force sells is the stock unit which they promote as a HD. I almost went with the Luk HD unit that many on C5's are using but opted for the Exedy single. I originally called grip force and they danced around every question I asked. If a stock Z06 is what you want then buy it but be careful with grip force. The true HD Luk unit comes with an aluminum flywheel. The best deal I have seen on the Luk's was www.carolinaclutch.com.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

I guess ill just go with a spec 3 X-pad.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Duffer
The clutch grip force sells is the stock unit which they promote as a HD. I almost went with the Luk HD unit that many on C5's are using but opted for the Exedy single. I originally called grip force and they danced around every question I asked. If a stock Z06 is what you want then buy it but be careful with grip force. The true HD Luk unit comes with an aluminum flywheel. The best deal I have seen on the Luk's was www.carolinaclutch.com.
yep. they lie. gripforce will tell you luk makes a specific clutch just for them, and they label it "heavy duty" and say it will hold 25% more than a z06 clutch. well, i called luk and they have no idea who gripforce is. so basically, gripforce is buying stock clutches, advertising them as heavy-duty, and making money off of scamming people. i definitely would not chance dealing with these guys at all. honestly, i don't understand how they are allowed to be sponsors.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Luk does make a great HD unit which is very popular with the C5 owners. It comes with an aluminum flywheel and seems to hold very well with the modified cars. It is very reasonable. I spoke with the guys at Carolina Clutch which offer both the Luk and the Exedy. The Luk was somewhere in the 795 range for a complete balanced set with aluminum flywheel. I just had alittle more hp and want more than what the Luk may have handled. The exedy was more expensive but is very sweet.

Quick Reply: Luk Clutch kit.