Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Making your own master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Making your own master cylinder

Okay, so I cannot bring myself to spend the coin on the tick master and am looking into a way to fab up my own. Spoke with another member on here that fabbed up his own for nearly a third of the cost !

This intrigues me and I want to hear some more opinions or reviews on others who have done the same.

Here is a link to a little write up on the task - not for a 4th gen but can give you an idea of the process

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/trans...-thirdgen.html
Old 11-12-2015, 08:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With enough time and effort, fabbing a master up yourself is possible - but keep in mind that we stand behind our Adjustable Clutch Master kits with a warranty against failure for the ENTIRE time that you own it.

As far as the cost goes - Black Friday/Cyber Monday is just around the corner and I've heard some rumors around here that our hydraulics will be on sale. Like our Facebook Page and join our email list to be the first to know when/if we make that official. Members of our #TeamTick Program save 10% on our hydraulics year-round as well, info on joining is here: http://www.tickwholesale.com/teamtick-faq/

Our hydraulic research and the kits we manufacture as a result of that research changed the way our cars are driven and enjoyed. Our kits are proven to work as advertised, come with easy to follow install instructions and are assembled right here in the USA (NC to be exact.) We're American Owned and Family Operated and we've been LS1tech Sponsors for years. We'd certainly appreciate your business (and I know you wouldn't regret it!)
Old 11-12-2015, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the response! I'll keep an eye out for the black friday sale Cant drive the car to its full potential right now. Shifting at 5k gets old

Quick Reply: Making your own master cylinder