Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch help please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch help please.

Ok bare with me this is going to be hard to explain lol.
I have a 1999 camaro with t56 trans with tic performance beed line with ls6 clutch putting down around 410 to the wheel. On way to work ( its been under 35 degrees) my clutch pedal is sloppy, it grabs great of the floor but the pedal itself does fot come up all the way,,,, for about ten min driving. I get 1 mile from work leaving stop light and BOOM clutch pedal is strong as ever like brand new... every day for past weeks since its ben cold..any idea, seems like maybe the clutch fluid just not warm.. Has new fluid in it and bleed it once. im just lost.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:35 AM

Received 1,837 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Was your LS6 clutch a stock LS6 clutch or aftermarket?

The stock one has this self-adjuster mechanism in it to compensate for clutch wear over time. When the adjuster starts to go, the pressure plate fingers will provide inconsistent return pressure to the slave, which presents as the clutch pedal randomly not coming back up to full height. Very often, this gets mistaken for a bad master cylinder during diagnosis, because it acts like a bad master would act. This is sort of the "other" clutch issue other than the weak-*** hydraulics

You will probably need to install something like a monster stage 1 or equivalent.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a stock ls6 clutch

Quick Reply: clutch help please.