Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bye ls7 and hello Lt1-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Bye ls7 and hello Lt1-S

Since I turbocharged my bird last yr and went from 400whp to over 600whp. My ls7 clutch was rapidly failing to keep up with putting power down. I pulled the trigger on Monsters twin disc setup as I wanted a clutch that will not only support the power level Im at..but feel/drive as close to my ls7 did..if not better. First off I want to thank Tick performance and Monster in making my purchase easy and answering all my questions in very timely matter. I couldnt be happier with the customer support especially being a Canadian resident. I had my clutch installed yesterday and in fear of what i thought was an leaking rear main seal turned out to be my opsu and cps o-rings which I need to address next week. The clutch install process is fairly straight forward like any other and the kit comes with everything I needed..though sadly I had 1 damaged plastic bearing retainer that must have been slightly crushed in the box and was replaced with no questions at all. After everything was buttoned up and bled all I can say is wow!

Fired up my car and went to reverse out of the garage and damn near stalled just from the quick bite.Takes less effort to clutch in/out and smoother than the ls7 was. First few drives just around the block to get a feel and Im starting to readjust my driving habits. I can see this clutch making my track times improve ..its a light pedal feel...bites hard when you need it to. Now I need to put some mileage on it and then have some fun laying down rubber. Awesome product and highly recommend it for a street/strip car. No chatter..light pedal and grabby. A++ worth the money for me.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the review. I have one waiting to go on my car when I turbo it this year and am glad to hear it was a good choice.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbull87
Since I turbocharged my bird last yr and went from 400whp to over 600whp. My ls7 clutch was rapidly failing to keep up with putting power down. I pulled the trigger on Monsters twin disc setup as I wanted a clutch that will not only support the power level Im at..but feel/drive as close to my ls7 did..if not better. First off I want to thank Tick performance and Monster in making my purchase easy and answering all my questions in very timely matter. I couldnt be happier with the customer support especially being a Canadian resident. I had my clutch installed yesterday and in fear of what i thought was an leaking rear main seal turned out to be my opsu and cps o-rings which I need to address next week. The clutch install process is fairly straight forward like any other and the kit comes with everything I needed..though sadly I had 1 damaged plastic bearing retainer that must have been slightly crushed in the box and was replaced with no questions at all. After everything was buttoned up and bled all I can say is wow!

Fired up my car and went to reverse out of the garage and damn near stalled just from the quick bite.Takes less effort to clutch in/out and smoother than the ls7 was. First few drives just around the block to get a feel and Im starting to readjust my driving habits. I can see this clutch making my track times improve ..its a light pedal feel...bites hard when you need it to. Now I need to put some mileage on it and then have some fun laying down rubber. Awesome product and highly recommend it for a street/strip car. No chatter..light pedal and grabby. A++ worth the money for me.
Sorry again for the release bearing being destroyed in shipping. However i'm glad to hear you are enjoying the clutch!!!

Thanks for the review, keep us posted.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I would buy it again..just hopefully not in the near future.I need to recover from my spending lol.

Quick Reply: Bye ls7 and hello Lt1-S