Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pressure plate diaphragm spring

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pressure plate diaphragm spring

Can these be replaced by any chance? I have a Spec stage 1 and from what I understand most stock type aftermarket clutches use the same pressure plate case but maybe add there own spring and plate etc. Would a stock one work? Would another companies spring work?

I ask because the pedal pressure is really just too much to enjoy the car around town. I would like to try road course driving someday and I know this pedal effort will be a problem. And for what its worth, I'm not a skinny dude with no leg muscles lol.

I would just say screw it and put a stock pressure plate on it but the one I have has the aluminum option for the pressure plate disk which id like to keep. And I also don't trust the adjusters on the stock pressure plate with high rpm.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:57 PM
FormerVendor

It may be best to give their tech support a call to get an official answer. Swapping the diaphram springs in clutches is not common because by doing that, you are changing the clamping force, which can in turn cause the clutch to slip. Certain clutch materials (usually on upgraded clutches) will require more force to work effectively.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Launching!

I have been in contact with them. They are saying that the spring pressure they use is within 10% of stock...

Forgot to mention that I am using a Tick Master cyl which has a bigger bore then stock so I know that will add some effort. But I had a stock one before and it was still way too stiff.

If I ever get to replacing this pressure plate i'm going to have to find a way to test the spring pressure vs a stock one.

Quick Reply: Pressure plate diaphragm spring