Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Can't find Clutch Master that fits

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find Clutch Master that fits

Hey all,

I have been looking at this for weeks trying to find an answer or a thread about which master clutch cylinder to use. Found pictures of the one i need installed but never a name of which kind. Finally ordered a clutch master and I have clearance issues with the brake booster, ugh!

The setup is an LS3 backed by a tr6060 and a 8" dual brake booster in a 72 camaro. This is the clutch master I tried and didnt fit.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Wilwoo...-Kit,1133.html

The issue was the top outlet that runs to the reservoir hits the bottom of the booster. Although this has the 7/8 bore I wanted and other forums said that this is what people bought it does not fit for me. Other people say they used one from 2010 (which is the year of this engine) but I went to the dealer and the view looks like its mounted inside the cab. My other option was a 98-2002 camaro clutch which looked promising for clearance but it mounts at an angle. I have the plate that goes behind the booster so the clutch has the proper angle but the 2002 looks like it would angle to the left if mounted on that plate. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me before I spend more money ordering and returning. Thanks all!!

Quick Reply: Can't find Clutch Master that fits