Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

whats about to break?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default whats about to break?

On the way to work today what seems like a trans or clutch problem started.
When I was on the highway doing 65 in 6th I push down on the loud pedal and the car started to buck and did not want to accelerate. If I slowly push the pedal down it will speed up and not buck but if you punch it the bucking will occur. Once I got to work I put the car in nuetral and revved the motor and it reved freely. The transmissio fluid was changed two weeks ago with syncromesh. Ok, is the trans about to go or is the clutch bad?
Old 06-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like a lose plug wire, same thing happened to me, checked, last one on passenger's side was partially off. Probably not popped on all the way during my header install a couple weeks back.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

Not a trans issue, sounds like ignition or fuel.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's your Problem right there... T56 Trans Take Dextron 3 ATF, Not Syncromesh Gear Oil... if you leave that fluid in there it will start messing with your Shifting of the car

Steve-0
Old 06-19-2004, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I do not think it is a trans or clutch things now. When driving home I played around with the car and did not notice the rpms jumping up and down. I think it is something in the ignition or injectors. The car was idleing badly in traffic and when I would be in 6th and push it to the floor it just would shudder like the fuel was being turned on and off real quickly. If I push the pedal slowly and I mean slowly it would go faster. Taking it to the dealer today. Still under warrenty so let them worry about it. I may even get a new tranny out of it. Last time a dealer had my car they had to replace the engine, only took 33 days with the car at the dealer. GM hated that rental bill.

Quick Reply: whats about to break?