Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod Street Twin Slipping on Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcleod Street Twin Slipping on Dyno

Just looking for ideas that I might have over looked. Car made 801/823 on the dyno last year with my street twin, no issues at the track or on the street. Put about 1500 miles on the car last season. Made some upgrades and took the car back to the dyno this year to make around the 1000 mark. Put the car on the dyno and when the car gets over the 800 mark the clutch starts slipping "bad" as my tuner told me. I pulled the clutch apart and it seems to have normal wear. Spacing for the discs and floater is good. No oil or any fluids in the bell housing or on the clutch. Mcleod said that clutch should hold 1k no problem and to check the throw out bearing spacing. Also the car has a tick adjustable master. Anyone ever had an issues like this. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that power rating is accurate, we would agree that checking out the throw out bearing is a good idea. If it is not disengaging completely you're only getting a fraction of the clamping force, and therefore makes it much easier to slip under power.

Quick Reply: Mcleod Street Twin Slipping on Dyno