Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fluid leaking from bleeder screw

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fluid leaking from bleeder screw

I just installed a new mantic clutch and oem slave on my 99 formula. I have been bleeding the system for a total amount of time of about an hour. And I have gotten a pedal but it takes 10-12 pumps after the last bleed to get the pedal somewhat firm. Also I have noticed that when I crack the bleeder valve on my remote bleeder (in the engine bay) open, fluid will continue to drip out of it without even pressing the pedal at all. So much so that it will eventually drain the reservoir. What is the problem here? Also even though I get a little bit of a pedal out of it, I can not get it to go smoothly into gear. Any ideas?

Thanks
Greg
Old 08-15-2016, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,389 Likes on 878 Posts

Greg,

Fluid should drip out of the bleeder without pressing the clutch, because: gravity....

In fact, doing a gravity bleed is one of the best ways of bleeding any hydraulic system.

I would place the bleeder under the car, crack it open so that fluid start coming out (I use a glass jar to catch the fluid and you can reuse it if it is clean and new). Keep the reservoir full and run several reservoirs full of fluid through the system. That will beheld it completely.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Fluid leaking from bleeder screw