Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Performance Master Clylinder

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

This guy getting all butthurt but still blaming Tick for something that neither him or his "mechanic with 30 yrs experience" can't seem to figure out.

This guy would be "killed and eaten" on Yellowbullet. They damn sure wouldn't ban him or edit his posts, but they would have alot of fun. Just due to all the holes and misconceptions in his story.

Where he gets a non-adjustable MC would work with any clutch setup is beyond me. I try to make all my clutches right by shimming and getting the slave headspace correct and still ended up either buying or fabbing my own adjustable MC.
15-20 yrs ago we did the drill mod and cut and threaded our stock MC rods, cause we were cheap and broke.

Best of luck, Guy.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by blackenedss
Well he jig is up here folks. The moderators have told me i'm not allowed to say anything more about Tick's because they are one of their paid advertisers. $$$ wins out every time. I'm quite sure this post will vaporize by tomorrow morning.
Not true, I think the mods are being cool about this and the thread has not vaporized.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Not true, I think the mods are being cool about this and the thread has not vaporized.
No, but posts relating to Tick's poor CS at times have disappeared.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Which may or may not be OK. Some guys say it's great, OP said it was terrible. I think Tick stepping in and explaining what took place would be helpful.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I'm not even sure Tick is still a sponsor anymore. There used to be 40+ links on the right side. Now there's only 10 or so. It was nice having all those link there. Now my Favorites list is a mile long.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

I see the Tick link on my screen right now.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, i have just came across this. I'm not gonna lie, i didn't read every single post. Thanks to the ones that have had a good experience and are willing to share that.

First i want to say that our master does move more fluid. It would be impossable for it not to. It has a larger bore size than a factory unit. The fact that the stock cylinder is longer has nothing to do with the ammount of travel inside the cylinder. If you install our cylinder kit and the clutch pedal is set at the same exact height as it where before the install, it would infact have the exact same ammount of travel. So with the bigger bore and the same stroke it will move "MORE" fluid. That is simple hydraulics and takes no engineering degree to figure out.

It seems that i do take a few tech call per month where people can't get the cylinder to move fluid, but it always works out in the end. Sometimes it will be a simple issue like not having the pedal adjusted up from the floor in order to get the pedal to move in the first place. I take about 95% of the tech calls here myself and sometimes i can miss the mark when it comes to advise. I do have several years of hands on experience and i have installed several of these kits. They do work, no question.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I can also say that i remember this conversation. I did inform the OP or the mechanic that the cylinder has a lifetime warranty and i did try to offer advise on the situation. Not everyone will take the advise they ask for so there is nothing i can do about that. I'm truly sorry about your displeasure.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Glad you spoke up! Because I was going to say the bore is larger on the tick etc etc what you said. Anyone that reads this post a tick master cylinder is the way to go. Once adjusted right you will be pleased with your purchase. I have installed several and even adjusted for people. Once done right they were happy.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But follow the directions for adjusting. I took it to my local mechanic that has 25 or more years of experience, I got there and my clutch pedal was touching the steering wheel. I'm exaggerating obviously but he didn't even follow the directions I told him and gave him on a piece of paper. The pedal was out way more than it should. That was the last time I ever let him install any aftermarket parts.

Start from the floor and adjust accordingly. It's time consuming of course but in my humble opinion the benefits outweight the struggle of adjusting.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:13 AM
Teching In

It's been over 2 years and i'm still waiting to get my refund from Tick's.

Tick... tock.. tick... tock
Old 11-18-2017, 07:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 184 Likes on 129 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I like the tick but for different reasons than what they advertise it for.

You still have the faulty unit? want to sell it?
Old 11-27-2017, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear this I have a Tick Master works great and right away I noticed after installation it showed how much better the clutch pedal felt. Give them another chance.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance Master Clylinder