Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Routing of Tick Speed Bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Routing of Tick Speed Bleeder

So I've just installed the T56 and all of the new Tick Hydraulic upgrades. Now, just wondering what setup and routing everyone has for their speed bleeders. Pics are always welcome!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Routed mine with the hydraulic line to the reservoir, then over and along the driver's front fender. Stops on top of the wheel well. It lays there no problem.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are 2 tabs in the casting of the transmission that I drilled holes in to hold the clamps I used. Then I mounted it to the back of the transmission cross member. The clams I used are for wire and tubing, you can get them at any hardware store. These are what they look like. https://www.google.com/#q=wire+hold+down+clamps

Old 11-23-2016, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

For my 04 GTO I brought it all the way up into the engine bay. that way one person can sit in the car for pedal and you can bleed it without getting under the car.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:07 AM
Launching!

I dont have a pic but I moved mine from beside the clutch reservoir to right underneath the driver door. I went above a heat sheald and strapped it along with a couple of zip ties. I found that even tho I would be cautious and put rags, I would sometimes end up with a mess of brake fluid in the engine bay and then scramble to wash out spilled brake fluid. There was just not enough slack in the remote bleader line when I ran it up the engine bay. With the bleeder below the driver door, there is much more slack and no worries of making a mess/ or getting brake fluid anywhere near your paint.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:33 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

A little unorthodox but I punched through the rubber boot over the shifter hole and stuffed it in the console. Just sit in drivers seat with a plastic cup and two wrenches.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

I've at least for the time being routed it into the engine bay. behind the heat shielding by the catalytic convertor, up and over the steering shaft (where it mounts to the firewall), and then back over by the clutch master cylinder reservoir. I'll try to get a pic next time I go "home" to see my car. Just a couple zip ties I can cut, add a plastic tube and then run it to a bottle as the guy with the GTO has done.

Quick Reply: Routing of Tick Speed Bleeder