Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problems after new LS7 clutch install

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017 | 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice
15 Year Member

Default Problems after new LS7 clutch install

2002 WS6 113,xxx miles. Just replaced the clutch for the first time with an ls7 clutch and flywheel. New oem slave. The car appeared to be fine - drove it for 3 or 4 days putting maybe 60 miles on it.

I hadn't noticed anything wrong but then as I was coming to a red light and I pushed the clutch in, well I tried to, but it would not go down.

Probably shouldn't have done this but I forced it down...now it will not come up. I know I blew a line off the master cylinder. Now that could have been from me forcing it down.

Does my whole problem sound like the master? or does it sound like something else may have happened first?

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-24-2017 | 01:47 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

either master or slave blew. you should be able to see signs of fluid from either the MC or dripping from bottom of bellhousing from slave
Old 01-25-2017 | 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice
15 Year Member

I understand that would cause the pedal to drop to the floor. Would that also cause it to not be pressed down without a lot of pressure? I figure I blew a hose or seal when I forcefully pressed the pedal down...I'm looking for ideas on what caused the initial problem.
Old 03-27-2017 | 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice
15 Year Member

new master is in and it will not bleed, my pedal won't come off of the floor but maybe an inch or so. I had a mechanic friend helping me with the bleeding and he finally gave up and said air isn't my problem. Any other ideas? Not looking forward to pulling my trans again.
Old 03-27-2017 | 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Something blew, gonna have to pull the trans and check the slave, what kind of slave was it?

Quick Reply: Problems after new LS7 clutch install