Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56 Grinds when revving

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to revive this but I just finally got the car back out and got around to messing with it. The car DOES NOT grind when it is completely stationary. And it's very hit or miss. It has started grinding going into certain gears but it's very hit or miss. After a very quick pull and two quick shifts it went in perfectly. Few minutes later during casual driving I could feel a slight grind going into some gears, but not every gear and not every time. All of this is leading me to think the throwout bearing is bad and/or the tick master may also need a little adjusting.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Resolved.

Removed the transmission and upon a little further inspection I could see where the top portion of the throwout bearing was making contact with the fingers. Not sure if it actually was the spring/retainer position as I had a completely new assembly so I didn't give it too much thought. Replaced, reinstalled and bled and the problem appears to be gone. Now I just have to deal with that dreaded 2k RPM rattle that the RST is known for.

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

Last edited by G04T; 04-17-2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: BIC

Quick Reply: T-56 Grinds when revving